A2 Portfolio

www.freya-marie-212.blogspot.com

Saturday, 9 October 2010

Where The Wild Things Are

After showing some friends my initial ideas they said that one of the characters looked remarkably alike to a character from the film 'Where The Wild Things Are'. They also recommended I watched the film to gain more design inspiration for my characters, looks and personalities... So I did :) I really enjoyed watching this film, the movement, costumes and animation of the wild things was captivating. They looked and acted so real that I almost started to believe they were and wanted to watch it again to see if I could understand whether they were or not. Each character had a personality that was similar to someone you knew, a bossy woman, a push over guy, a shy timid guy, a clever guy, a loner and a friendly unlucky guy. They all had human voices and mannerisms which made the idea that they real even more probable. I think I will make sure my monsters have human mannerisms so that they are easier to relate to and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment