After much consideration I have decided to completely change not only my idea but my brief, reverting from a children's television program to a music video. The largest problem I have and will have with my initial idea of using puppets for a children's television program is the expense. The cost of all the materials that i am going to need to create effective and proper sized puppets will be too great, also the time that i am going to have to spend on making the puppets and ensuring that they look as close to the image i have in my head is too greater a task, and when you combine these points the outcome won't match the time and money i will have spent.
I have tried to make a mock up of a puppet using a baby doll as the head, but in doing so, it hit me how hard this project is going to be, if it's this hard to make a puppet body for a baby doll, and create face paint make up that looks realistic like a monster, it's going to be even harder to make a large size scaled puppet body for a human. I don't think i'll be able to create the image i have in my head of how the monsters i look into reality which overall will be a major disappointment and look unprofessional and cheap! Which i don't want.
In considering the music video, i know that any ideas i have in my head i can create and put into action easier. I already have a basis for an idea and a song after carrying some research into considering the worth of changing briefs. I know i have a lot of work to do, but i think i can do it and make the final outcome worth while and better than it would be if it was the children's program.
No comments:
Post a Comment