Since the first ever music videos, the artists have always been the main focus of music videos. They've always acted and starred in them, either by playing instruments or singing like Marilyn Monroe. From then on, music videos have developed to include more people and storylines to
match the songs or just for visual attention. Recently, the quality of music video's have become as important as the quality of the song. Musicians have been known to pay millions for effective and exciting music videos which include special effects and dancers. Although these no budget video's can fetch lots of attention, be very memorable, and sometimes enhance the popularity of the band. Some of the simpler, budgeted music videos can also recieve the same effects on the audience.
The premise for my music video, is to be a linear narrated story that has an array of peaks that draw in the audience and provokes emotions such as sadness, pity and joy whilst they watch it. If my piece was to be played on music channels as the real music video for the song, the band would be associated with the emotional film and be different from a lot of other music videos. The decision I have to make is whether I include the band in my video.
The choices I have made earlier in deciding upon the song and idea for the music video has lead me to be more inclined not to use them as I don't want to use any photos of the band for copyright reasons and I don't want to use 3 guys to try and make a facade of the band members. So to use them in my music video, there would have to be 3 blurred and dark figures in the background of my piece. However I think this would create a dark and twisted feel to the video which I don't particularly desire. Most up to date music videos try to promote the band and merchandise, which is a good way of advertising, but not necessary in my music video. This is because I want the song to be felt on a personal level rather than an entertainment level.
What is used quite a lot in music videos, is a storyline to match the song with images of the band playing or singing in different shots and settings that coincide with the basis of the music video. I could do this in my music video, but as I said before I don't want to use people that aren't the actual band members. Therefore, I don't think I will use any imagery of the band.
The premise for my music video, is to be a linear narrated story that has an array of peaks that draw in the audience and provokes emotions such as sadness, pity and joy whilst they watch it. If my piece was to be played on music channels as the real music video for the song, the band would be associated with the emotional film and be different from a lot of other music videos. The decision I have to make is whether I include the band in my video.
The choices I have made earlier in deciding upon the song and idea for the music video has lead me to be more inclined not to use them as I don't want to use any photos of the band for copyright reasons and I don't want to use 3 guys to try and make a facade of the band members. So to use them in my music video, there would have to be 3 blurred and dark figures in the background of my piece. However I think this would create a dark and twisted feel to the video which I don't particularly desire. Most up to date music videos try to promote the band and merchandise, which is a good way of advertising, but not necessary in my music video. This is because I want the song to be felt on a personal level rather than an entertainment level.
What is used quite a lot in music videos, is a storyline to match the song with images of the band playing or singing in different shots and settings that coincide with the basis of the music video. I could do this in my music video, but as I said before I don't want to use people that aren't the actual band members. Therefore, I don't think I will use any imagery of the band.
No comments:
Post a Comment